General Contest Information
- Genesee County is seeking photos that illustrate the lifestyle, beauty and assets of our County. Topics to consider are listed below, but we encourage creativity.
- Nature & the Outdoors: Scenic shots of Genesee County parks, waterways and wildlife from any time of the year. Action shots of people of all ages playing, biking, hiking, fishing, boating, bird watching, etc.
- Culture and Arts: Attractions such as the Flint Institute of Arts, Linden Mills Historical Society, Longway Planetarium, Sloan Museum, etc.
- Shopping: Local shops & boutiques, farmer's markets, etc.
- Food & Drink: Genesee County restaurants, food festivals, food trucks, etc.
- Festivals & Events: Back to the Bricks, Alley Fest, The HAP Crim Festival of Races, Montrose's Blueberry Festival, Davison's Festival of Flags, etc.
- History: Historical sites, buildings, landmarks, attractions, such as Historic Saginaw Street, Applewood Estate, Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad, etc.
Who May Enter
- The contest is open to any photographer over 18 years old.
- If you are under the age of 18, then your parent or legal guardian must enter on your behalf.
- All photos must be taken in Genesee County, Michigan.
How to Enter
- You may submit up to 10 photos. Each photo must be in digital format and have a caption. All photos must be submitted as high-resolution JPEG files. Each photo must be at least 5x7 (or 1500x2100) at 300 dpi or larger. If you submit any photo less than this resolution standard, then the photo may be ineligible. Photos must be taken by the entrant and be the property of the entrant.
- Photos will be accepted from November 5, 2020 at 10 a.m. Eastern Time to December 15, 2020 at 5 p.m. ET.
- By submitting a photo, you promise that your entry complies with the Official Rules.
- Photos must comply with all applicable laws.
- Photos that are obscene, defamatory, sexually explicit, or inappropriate will be disqualified at our discretion.
- Only minor editing of a photo is acceptable. Extensively edited photos will be ineligible.
- Before submitting a photo with an identifiable person, you must obtain a release signed by the person (or their parent or legal guardian) using this form: Genesee County Photo Release. You must send us any release within 7 days of your submission via email ([email protected]).
- By entering the contest, photographers automatically give Genesee County permission to publish the submitted images in print, publications, social media, and on websites, with photo credit always given.
Please email pictures to [email protected]
Send by Facebook messenger on the County Facebook page