Department of Veterans Services
Welcome to the Genesee County Department of Veterans Services.
1101 Beach Street, Flint, MI 48502
Fax (810) 237-6172
Covid Vaccine and the VA
As to the amount of phone calls regarding The Covid vaccine. Veterans can sign up at the web address below just to let the VA know they are interested in receiving it.
Called the VA to verify on who is eligible for receiving the vaccine from the VA. The spouses would have to be enrolled in either Tricare for Life or ChampVA to be eligible
- But as of now they are only vaccinating Veterans in the following group:
- VA health care personnel. Vaccinating our VA health care personnel helps us continue to provide care for Veterans.
- Veterans living in our long-term care facilities
- Veterans who receive care at VA and are at high risk from COVID-19 based on VA and CDC risk criteria. At many VA health care facilities, this group includes all Veterans who are at least 75 years old. Each facility will determine when Veterans in this group can receive a vaccine. They’ll base this decision on vaccine availability, local needs, as well as the strict storage and handling requirements of the vaccines.
Some designated family caregivers may qualify for vaccines:
- Family caregivers who are enrolled in our Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC) are eligible for vaccination when the Veteran they care for becomes eligible. If the Veteran you care for meets the criteria above, both you and the Veteran may be able to get vaccinated now. Vaccinating caregivers helps us support and protect Veterans.
Readjustment Counseling Therapist
Tri-County Equipment Service Technician Jobs!
Assembles and services all types of equipment offered for sale by the dealership. Prepares equipment for delivery to the customer or for demonstration purposes. May require some direction or guidance from the Service Location Manager, Shop Foreman or senior technicians.
- Assembles and services all types of equipment, handheld, diesel and gas powered equipment
- Performs pre-delivery inspection on all types of equipment and other merchandise offered for sale by the dealership
- Operates and maintains vehicles, tools and equipment required in the set-up and delivery process
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with job assignments
- Accounts for all time and material used in performing assigned duties
- May participate in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to operate vehicles, tools, and equipment used in machinery pre-delivery and set-up processes
- Ability to assemble machinery components and to follow manufacturer’s pre-delivery instructions
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Fundamental level of knowledge of engines, hydraulics, power-trans, air-conditioning, and electrical systems as they apply to machines marketed by the Dealership
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Valid driver’s license required
- Fork lift license preferred
989 W. Sanilac | Sandusky, MI 48471
10 Locations In
Sandusky, Marlette, Caro, Bad Axe, Burton, Lapeer, Reese, Birch Run, Saginaw, Fenton
One Amigo, Two Walkers
Give us a call if you know of a Veteran or Surviving Spouse could use one!
NOW HIRING AT LANDAAL
Veteran friendly business, Landaal Packaging Systems is seeking candidates with a military background. If this is you or someone you know, apply by calling 800-616-6619 or email [email protected]
Landaal offers competitive pay, benefits, union work, and locations in Burton and Bay City. Visit their website.
Promote through advocacy the well being of Genesee County veterans, their spouses and dependents. The Department of Veterans Services works in association with local, state and federal agencies to address the needs of veterans and to assist in obtaining maximum benefits and services, and to promote veterans rights and issues.
To be a department that is well trusted both from within, as well as outside the community to provide clear, accurate, and timely information and assistance concerning veterans’ services and benefits. To be an agency that is fully integrated with other benefit delivery programs. Our ultimate aim is to provide the highest quality of service to the veteran community and, thereby, impart a positive image of county government.
For more information, contact:
William Palmer, Director
Department of Veterans Services
1101 Beach St.
Flint, MI 48502
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 11:45 am
and 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm