All youth will have the opportunity to receive visits from family members during their stay at GVRC. Based on some family situations there may be occasions when restrictions are placed on visiting. Such circumstances must be shared with the affected visitor(s), as well as with the placing agency caseworker and documented in the case file. All visitors must present a picture I.D. The Intake Office will maintain a list of approved visitors, updated weekly or more frequently if needed. If there is a question as to the relationship or the identity of the visitor, the living unit will be contacted for further clarification.
- Who May Visit
All visitors must be pre-approved and have their names listed in the GVRC Approved Visitor Notebook. Normally only parents, guardians, or grandparents are approved for visits. The resident’s caseworker may request Administrative Approval for other significant adults in a resident’s life or for others in extraordinary situations.
Only Up-Level residents may receive food from outside of the Facility, during visitation. Parents must request approval for bringing food into the Facility and must have the food items inspected by GVRC staff.
3. Visiting Schedule
- All visits will be continuously monitored by GVRC staff.
- Each wing will have one weekend visit for each of its groups Visits will be 2 hours based on performance within the program.
- Special visiting times may be requested for residents in extraordinary circumstances and may be approved by the staff team and administration.
- If a resident’s visit must be shortened, the staff must make a diligent effort to notify the family of the circumstances in a timely manner.
- Any changes from the standard 2 hour visit must be noted in the Approved Visitor Notebook and in the Supervisor’s daily log.
4. Number of Visitor Limitations
Residents may have up to two visitors at a time. In cases where a resident has two distinct families, the visiting period may be split between the two families.
- All visitors must walk through a metal detector and/or be checked with a hand held wand metal detector.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring personal items into the visiting area such as phones, purses, cameras, smoking paraphernalia, etc.
- If a visitor leaves the building their visit has ended and they will not be allowed to resume a visit.
- Visitors are asked to conduct themselves in a considerate manner that does not interfere with other visits and must be asked to leave if problem behavior persists.
- Visitors must remain in the visiting room other than for restroom breaks.
- After a resident’s visit has ended the resident must remain in the visiting room until they can be escorted to the shower room for a contraband search.
- The contraband search shall include the resident’s complete disrobing under the observation of a same sex staff member.
ATTENTION: Our visitation schedule will be changing. Saturday September 23,2017, will be the last Saturday visitation. As of October 1, 2017, visits will change to Sundays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.
North Wing 3:00P.M.-4:00P.M.
East Wing Group 1 4:15P.M.-5:15P.M.
East Wing Group 2 5:30P.M.-6:30P.M.
West Wing Group 1 6:45P.M.-7:45P.M.
West Wing Group 2 8:00P.M.-9:00P.M.
North Wing 4:00 P.M - 6:00 P.M.
West Wing Group I 4:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M.
West Wing Group II 6:15 P.M. - 8:15 P.M.
East Wing Group I 4:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M.
East Wing Group II 6:15 P.M. - 8:15 P.M.
*All clients visits are 1 hour on Sunday's. During the week if the client has an up-level they will be allowed the entire 2 hour visitation time.