Alert Emergency Alert

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Read More

 Genesee County Family Court
Consists of 4 Family Court Judges:

Duncan M. Beagle

Elizabeth A. Kelly

                            Michael J. Theile

John A. Gadola


Genesee County Friend of the Court Professional Staff is comprised of the following:


Caseworkers: The Friend of the Court currently has twelve child support enforcement caseworkers.  Three caseworkers are assigned to each of the four Family Court Judges.  Cases are distributed by an alphabetical split based on the man's last name.  The enforcement caseworkers are responsible for enforcement of approximately 50,000 Genesee County domestic relation cases.  Responsibilities include collection of support, show cause hearings, activities to locate parties and employers, and preparation of orders and other court documents. 

Parenting Time Caseworkers: The Friend of the Court currently has 3 parenting time enforcement caseworkers.  The parenting time enforcement caseworkers are responsible for responding to all complaints related to parenting time.  By Michigan law, parenting time complaints need to be in writing to the Friend of the Court.

Intergovernmental Paralegals:
 The intergovernmental paralegals assist the court with enforcement of cases where one of the parties resides outside the State of Michigan.  The intergovernmental team is also responsible for interactions with other states and countries that have support matters.

Modification DepartmentThe Modification Paralegals review child support orders eligible for a review once every 36 months if the child or the custodial parent is receiving public assistance. In other cases, the FOC will conduct a review on written request by a party, but not more often than once every 36 months, unless the party proves a substantial change in circumstances. A party who needs an immediate change in the support amount should file a court motion requesting the change. Merely notifying the FOC that one parent’s financial situation has changed cannot automatically change the ordered support amount. Referrals for a child support review can also be submitted by the Department of Human Services or requested internally by our enforcement personnel.