2021 GISD Election Information
GENESEE INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT (GISD)
BOARD ELECTION - 2021
The Statutes which govern the conduct of the biennial meetings convened by intermediate school districts to fill their board positions require county clerks to accept the filings submitted for the positions and prepare the ballots needed for the election of the positions. (MCL 380.612 and 614) The duties a county clerk must perform to fill ISD board positions are limited in nature and clearly defined under law.
The meeting must be conducted by the ISD on the first Monday in June in every odd-numbered year.
- Term of Office: ISD board members are elected to 6-year terms, which commence on July 1 following the election.
- Available Seats: In 2021, two seats are to be elected to the GISD board.
1 Regular Six-Year Term
1 Partial Term Ending June 30, 2023
- No Campaign Finance Committee is required.
- Filing for Office: Candidates must file an Affidavit of Identity, along with Intermediate School District Nominating Petitions at the Genesee County Clerk’s Office to run for the GISD Board. A $100 filing fee in lieu of Nominating Petitions is allowed; filing fee is paid to Genesee County Clerk's Office.
- Election Date: JUNE 7, 2021
- Filing Deadline: MAY 10, 2021 @ 4:00 PM
- Withdrawal Deadline: MAY 13, 2021 @ 4:00 PM
- Petition signature requirements: minimum of 40 signatures; maximum of 100 signatures. The petition must be circulated on a city/township basis. Any registered voter who resides within the intermediate school district can sign the candidate’s petition. An ISD candidate is not required to limit the circulation of his or her petition to his or her constituent school district of residence. An elector of the ISD may sign as many petitions as there are positions to fill on the ISD board. A $100 filing fee in lieu of Nominating Petitions is allowed; filing fee is paid to Genesee County Clerk's Office.
Affidavit of Identity forms and Intermediate School District Nominating Petition forms can be obtained at our office or at the links listed below:
Genesee County Clerk’s Office
900 S. Saginaw Street, Flint, MI 48502
Regular office hours are: Monday through Thursday; 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Affidavit of Identity Link: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/ED104_Aff_ID_Fil_Rec_Vendor_83725_7.pdf
Nominating Petition (MUST Print on 8 1/2 X 14 Paper both sides): GISD Nominating Petition