Genesee County Clerk’s Office
Personal Protection Orders
Due to COVID 19 State of Emergency, Clerk’s Office accepting Non-Domestic and Domestic petitions for personal protection orders and Motions for violating personal protection orders through email at [email protected]
Use the forms provided in the links. If you have a question as to which form to use, email question at [email protected]
|County Courthouse||Office Hours (click here for Holidays)|
|900 S Saginaw St
PPO Office, Rm 203 East
Flint, MI 48502
Phone (810) 257-3610
Monday through Friday
* * The PPO office is closed from noon to 1:00 PM for lunch. * *
No new petitions will be accepted after 3:00 PM due to the length of time required in reviewing the documents and the intake process.
A requirement to file a petition for a Personal Protection Order (PPO) includes the following information:
- If you do not have the age or date of birth, a petition requesting a PPO cannot be filed.
- A petition to request a PPO must be filed in person at our office.
- You must bring with you the complete and accurate spelling of the first, middle, and last name of the respondent or individual you are trying to restrain.
- You are also required to provide the most recent mailing address of the respondent.
- The respondent's age or date of birth
- Other attachments which may be included with the filing:
- Police report
- Medical discharge papers
- Pictures, pictures on a phone must be converted to a paper picture.
- Hard copies or transcripts of voice mails or text messages.
For quicker service, lines are shortest first thing in the morning.
You may download a copy of the Verified Statement, this document requires about 1 hour to complete and is the first step in submitting a petition for a PPO.
There is no fee to file a PPO.
Additional PPO forms Click Here
State of Michigan Brochure: **
A Guide To Personal Protection Orders
** You must have Adobe Reader to open and view these documents.