Online GIS Viewer
The Genesee County GIS Department promotes and supports the development and implementation of GIS (Geographic Information Systems) technology across departmental and jurisdictional boundaries. The GIS Director is appointed by the County Board of Commissioners on an indefinite basis and is responsible for the overall coordination of GIS efforts throughout the County.
- Can you provide GIS Data? Yes. The GIS Department provides vector and image data for the area of Genesee County. Our primary, unique data consists of parcel boundaries for the the County area [excluding the city of Flint] and aerial imagery for the county ranging from 6-12 inch resolution. See more detail on the Data & Pricing page.
- How much does the data cost? Data pricing is based on the type and disk-space required for the data. You will need to contact us for specific pricing. If you represent a local community or government agency or are a contractor working for a local government within the County these costs are waived. More detailed information is on the Data & Pricing page.
- I am a contractor working for a local government, how do I obtain GIS data? You will need to fill out the form " " in the Documentation section of this site. Send us the form and we will contact you to confirm the details and arrange delivery.
- Can you make me a map? You can make your own map on our interactive mapping site. We can design and provide maps at various scales in paper form in sizes ranging from 8.5 x 11 inches through 34 x 44 inches. Maps can also be provided digital format such as .PDF. Fees will apply and may include labor charges --see Data & Pricing page.
- How will you ship GIS data and maps? If compact enough, digital data or map PDFs can be emailed directly to you. If the data or maps are too large for email transmission we can make these available on our FTP site or one that you provide. Alternately, CD/DVD or printed maps can be shipped via USPS. A nominal shipping charge is required for mailing. -- see Data and Pricing page for more info.
- Can I get aerial photography? Four years of aerial imagery (2002-2014) is available through our online viewer. If you need an image for use in CAD or GIS or historical aerials (many years from 1941 through 1997) please contact us.