A Positive Probation Experience
You should make probation a priority. The more you commit, the less likely you will find yourself violating the terms of your probation and possibly serving a jail term. Hopefully, probation will be an opportunity for you to make significant and positive changes in your life, which will keep you from returning to the court system.
The following are a few suggestions that could assist you in having a successful probation experience:
- Take responsibility for your actions.
- Follow the terms of your probation.
- Maintain honesty with your probation officer.
- Arrive on time and avoid missing appointments.
- Keep your probation officer updated with any significant changes and legal involvement.
- Avoid associating with people who are a poor influence thereby tempting you to engage in further illegal activity and behaviors.