Leaving the State

    You may travel anywhere you wish within the State of Michigan. However, if you would like to leave the State, you must first obtain permission from your probation officer and obtain a pass. If you are out of state and are stopped by a police officer for any reason, you may be detained if you do not have a pass indicating that your probation officer was aware that you left the State.  Passes are generally given if you are current on your probation requirements, including any monies owed to the Court.  If you will be seeing your probation officer before your planned trip, you may ask for the pass at that time. If you need to leave before your next appointment, be sure to contact your probation officer at least a week in advance if possible. You will need to provide the dates of your trip, location, and your accommodations with an address and phone number.