Order a Senior Citizen Birth Certificate Online
The following individuals are eligible to request a birth certificate (Michigan Compiled Law 333.2882(1)(a)). The birth must have occurred in Genesee County:
- Child named on the record
- Mother named on the record
- Father named on the record
- Legal Guardian (NOTE: Legal guardians cannot order birth certificates online.)
If ordering a birth certificate online, you testify:
- that you are USING A CREDIT CARD IN YOUR OWN NAME, you are not using another person’s credit card to place an order and,
- you further state that you are a person listed on the birth certificate (child, mother, or father) and,
- you further understand that the credit card will be charged the full amount of the order and will not receive a refund or transfer of fees even if a record is not obtained and,
- you fully understand that birth certificates can only be shipped to the billing address for the credit card and,
- you full understand the eligibility requirements to obtain a birth certificate.
Persons who are 65 or older applying for a certified copy of their own birth certificate are charged a reduced fee of only $5.00 for each copy ordered. An enhanced access fee is charged for each online order. Please visit the following link to determine the amount of the enhanced access fee, http://www.oakgov.com/cart/fee/enhanced_win.html
These fees are non-refundable and are non-transferable.
Standard - Sent to customer via regular mail through the United States Postal Service with no additional cost. Customers can expect to receive their order 2 weeks from the date of the order.
Overnight – An additional fee of $30.00 is charged for shipping overnight via United Parcel Service. In order to receive your documents via overnight shipping, the order must be received prior to 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holiday/furlough days).
NOTE: Delivery of expedited shipping can NOT be made to a post office box. A physical address is required for expedited shipping.